Junior Backend Software Engineer (Crypto team)
The landscape of finance and technology is completely changing. At Technest, we’re at the forefront of that change. Our team of security experts, engineers, designers, and payment industry veterans is excited about shaping the future, and equipping our clients with the tools and knowledge they need to succeed in this new reality.
We’re a diverse multicultural group of thinkers and doers. We continually invent and reinvent software solutions so businesses can rise above the competition. From disruptive fintech to cutting-edge encryption, we are all about thinking big and bringing our razor-sharp ideas to life.
We’re not bogged down by process or limited by lack of aspiration. And we trust each other to make intelligent decisions, to challenge, change, improve and perfect. It’s a culture where forward-thinkers like you can be fearless.
We are looking for a Junior Backend Software Engineer with a strong passion for problem solving and attention to detail to join our crypto team in Málaga.
What You’ll Do
- Research, learn and work with the newest tools!
- Work as part of the Technest Back End Team with a focus on security and quality (test automation)
- Develop high quality, maintainable, and scalable solutions
- Design, code review, static analysis, continuous integration
- Automated, performance, penetration and functional testing
- Participate in the design process and create / edit / review design suggestions and documentation
- Find and implement simple solutions for complex problems
- Interact directly with the product owners and key stakeholders
What You’ll Bring
- Advanced level of English
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Exposure to a wide range of open source technologies and best software practices
- A pragmatic attitude and approach to solving problems
- Willingness to work in a fast paced environment, learn new technologies, and programming languages Ability to quickly prototype ideas
- Must be a team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Have strong knowledge in Java (minimum Java 8)
- Have experience with a range of open source Java libraries and frameworks, for example Spring, Hibernate etc
- Have experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with REST Web Services
- Experience of microservices
- Experience with version control systems (ideally Git)
- Experience working with Kafka
- Experience with payment services (i.e. fintech)
- Cloud application development like AWS
- Any Bitcoin/Blockchain or Cryptocurrency knowledge would be a massive bonus! Experience with automation testing frameworks
- Experience with both functional and imperative programming
What We Offer for You
- Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, international company that uses cutting-edge tech and Apple equipment
- Competitive salary with a flexible compensation plan and relocation packages
- Work time flexibility
- 25 working days of vacation + public holidays
- Private medical
- Amazing office in Malaga city center with a parking space provided if needed
- Team building events, learning labs and extravagant corporate events
- Ongoing professional development provided by the company in the form of training & conferences
- Office perks including gaming consoles, books, fully-stocked kitchen, organic fruit and even ice-cream
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com or connect to hack.technest.es using ssh to get a big hiring bonus.