Many have promised the Blockchain will change everything. We are on a mission to make sure it does. We’re leveraging its decentralised peer-to-peer architecture to reinvent how business is done. From international transactions to contracts and governance, our team is working on creating the business operating system of tomorrow.
At Technest, we invent and reinvent software solutions so businesses can rise above the competition. From disruptive fintech to cutting-edge encryption, we are all about thinking big and bringing our razor-sharp ideas to life. We’re not bogged down by process or limited by lack of aspiration. And we trust each other to make intelligent decisions, to challenge, change, improve and perfect. It’s a culture where forward-thinkers like you can be fearless.
We are looking for a Junior Back End Software Engineer with a strong passion for problem solving and attention to detail to join our team in Malaga.
What You’ll Do
- Research, learn and work with the newest tools!
- Develop high quality, maintainable, and scalable solutions
- Design, code review, static analysis, continuous integration
- Automated, performance, penetration and functional testing
- Participate in the design process and create / edit / review design suggestions and documentation
- Keep security as main driver in each piece of code
- Find and implement simple solutions for complex problems
- Interact directly with the product owners and key stakeholders
What You’ll Bring
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- No previous work experience required
- Advanced level of English
- Exposure to a wide range of open source technologies and best software practices
- A pragmatic attitude and approach to solving problems
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, learn new technologies, and programming languages
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas
- Must be a team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Have strong knowledge in Java (minimum Java 8)
- Have strong knowledge in testing frameworks: JUnit, Spock, Mockito,…
- Rock solid on coding and testing best practices
- A passion for Blockchain / Cryptocurrencies
- Have experience with a range of open source Java libraries and frameworks, for example Spring, JPA, etc
- Have experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with REST Web Services
- Experience of microservices
- Experience with version control systems (ideally Git)
- Experience working with Kafka
- Experience with payment services (i.e. fintech)
- Cloud application development like AWS
- Experience with automation testing frameworks
- Experience with both functional and imperative programming
What We Offer for You
- Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech.
- Global work experience in an agile environment.
- Competitive salary and relocation packages.
- Amazing office in Malaga city centre.
- Team building events, learning labs and extravagant corporate events.
- Internal Hackathons.
- Office perks including gaming consoles, books, a kitchen full of coffee, fruit and even ice-cream.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.